The Song

All I know is that cancer really sucks. My brother was home in September. He captured my very first ride with Ezra.... He created the name for our ride..... Dog On A Hog.... He went back to LA, called me and said..... The domain www.DogOnAHog.com is open, BUY IT NOW!!!!!! Within a month I get filtered news from Johns friends that he isn't doing well..... I decide to head to LA to see him and see what is up. He isn't really sharing what is going on with him with anyone. I tell him, I am heading to see him, and he chews me out, and up and down..... I change my mind.... But, then the signs start....... But, that is another blog that I will add later..... That will be called the Rainbow Connection... The signs urge and confirm that I am to go and be with John. When I first showed up to his apartment he was quite shocked and not too happy. After he relized that I wasn't going to budge, he looked at me took my hand smiled and told me he was glad that I was with him. My first day with him visiting, he in his always thinking way, he looks at me from his hospice bed in his living room, and says..... "do you know the song.... Bird is the word"? I say no..... He then says..... "yeah, yeah, yes you do..... then starts singing it..... Bird, bird, bird, bird is the word...." I look at him and say.... Oh, yeah, I know that song...... then he starts singing..... "Dog, Dog, Dog, Dog On A Hog"..... "that's if you need a theme song...." I think he took a little sip of coconut water and then preceded to cough for about 10 minutes. as he would say.... "it's a process" The man who visited us in September, to the man I went to see 2 month later was a fraction of man in body, but, in spirit and in thought process was strong alert. What I witnessed from my brother was nothing but beautiful. He was giving and kind till the end.... ADHD to the end too. Everything was a whirl wind from the time I got to LA to the time I left... It was an experience that I will never forget or regret. A nugget of my brothers brillance was shining even though cancer was eating up his body, his spirit strong. Only G-d knows what will happen with the theme song.... I put it and this Dog On A Hog ride in His hands... I never imagined that the dream would have it's own website being built by West Herr, and it's own amazing GIF to bring attention to the Ride. By the amazing Craig Cheape'
This whole ride is dedicated to my brother. John Guy Mammoser. Dog On A Hog, Raising Money for Cancer Research at Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Information about donating will be added soon.
my mom and brother mixed together.... saw somewhere in Culver City

Comments

Popular Posts