The Build ~ Training ~ First Ride

Boy, a lot has happened since I wrote the first post. I had the Dog carrier built. Adam helped with the measurements
It took a while to get everything. We took measurements, then the weather got colder, and Adam had treatments. So things weren't moving at a high rate of speed. I didn't know if this was actually going to work, or would we just have a very expensive luggage rack... So, it was built, and shipped to me. I trained Ezra in the carrier on the ground first. He did very well.
Next, I had it installed on my motorcycle. Gowanda Harley agreed to install it for me. They did a great job on it! Woot The first time I had Ezra jump up on the bike it wobbled, and he freaked out, and jumped off. I figured if I just get him use to getting on the bike, then eventually he would get used to it, then be able to jump up. I looked around, and there it was, a set of wooden steps at our front stoop. So, I set it up next to my bike. Ezra did great, walked up the steps on to the bike into the carrier.
yes, he is cool with it.... The next step is to have him jump onto the bike into the carrier. With just a few treats, it worked. Ezra jumped up onto the bike and into the carrier, turning around, dropping down, and then I was able to strap him in. Cool. The next step I did was to strap him in and then I got on the bike, and stood the bike up. I was by myself in all the steps. I was glad that Ezra was strapped in securely because when I stood the bike up, he freaked and would have jumped out. It took him by suprise. I did this a few times till he was comfortable with me standing the bike upright. The next step was to put the bike at the end of the driveway, load Ezra in the carrier, stand the bike up, start it, and drive up the driveway, then get off, and have him dismount. That worked too, no issues at all. Next step, the first ride! My friend Jan came over to follow us in the car in case it didn't work out. I didn't start getting him ready till Jan came over. I wanted her to see the whole process. My first ride was going to be to go and see my dad. My brother John was in town from LA too, so I wanted him to document the ride.
The ride went really well. Ezra did great, we only went about 10 miles total with one dismount at my dad's apartment. I was very pleased Way to Go Ezra.........

Comments

Popular Posts